Saturday, May 7, 2011

dun dun dun...Work..

Work~finally.

I started working on Monday 5/2/11. I have a pretty sweet schedule. I work from 11:25 to 5:45 OR 7pm. Those few hours, however---feel longer (so far). My first day was nuts. I have a class that has kind of a bad reputation, which isn’t good when they are only 4 and 5 year olds. There are only 8 kids in the class, 6 girls and 2 boys. I have other classes of other levels throughout the day, but 2 to 3 classes in a row with them every day depending on the day. Ugh. I’m trying to get a hold of them. “Laying down the law” is kinda hard when communication is an issue AND they are 5. All the rest of the classes, the toughest thing is dealing with the middle schoolers that don’t wanna be there because they are just coming from regular public school, and have that age’s attitude, AND, following the book pages and getting all the pages and workbooks and stuff like that straight. I am co-teaching with a Korean teacher..so, I teach one or two pages in a book and the Korean teacher teaches the pages before or after the ones I taught. It’s just confusing. I hope I can get a grasp of it soon. Anyways…I worked Monday to Wednesday. Why only 3 days, do you ask? Because I came at a spectacular time when it is “Children’s day” on Thursday and for whatever reason we have Friday off too, which I am certainly not complaining about. Oh, and wait for it…I have never been so interested in Buddha, until I found out his birthday is Tuesday and we ALSO have that day off. Thanks Buddha! Happy Birthday to you. J (for the record I DO know that’s horrible) I DO however, want to see if I can get near or go to some temples that are nearby-ish. There has been decorated paper lanterns put up all over the city, so I am very intrigued. I hope I can witness something very interesting. I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I would love to learn more about stuff like that here. J Very different. Wednesday night I ran into something very cool. A girl I work with invited me to “girls night” which is every wed. So, I went. We ended up going to an International Food Festival at a campus really close to our apartments. Well, after having some Indonesian food, we went to the concert/afterparty for the birthday of the college (so it said on the banner, “Happy Birthday Kaist”) a.k.a—anniversary. Pretty good night…free beer, free concert and got to see a K-pop singer , that apparently is popular –G.NA- ill take it…whatever, it was fun. Anyways, for the break...I will stay at my apartment that I FINALLY moved into on Monday, and do some stuff/ hang out with one of my co-workers, Sarah, who isn’t going anywhere either. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment