Thursday, May 19, 2011

Meeting Ki, and almost getting mugged (allegedly)

5-16-2011

So, I have been really lucky, since I’ve gotten here, to have some fun stuff to do on the weekends. This weekend was great! This weekend I met a friend that I haven’t seen in almost 3 years. (he went to SUNY Oneonta with me for 2 years before coming back home to do his mandatory 2 years in the Korean army) I can’t believe it has been that long. It is part of the reason I looked for a job in Daejeon, but knew that since he was in the Korean army, I wouldn’t see him for a while. LUCKILY, he had a weekend break! KiBum graced me with his presence this past weekend. It was soooooo nice to see him. Finding each other... was really funny and quite a process… we were at different corners on different sides of the road, him jumping, waving and doing stuff to try to get me to notice him…then because I was not near him, he got some strange looks from people…He said he asked some woman where CGV (movie theater) was and she just stared at him. :P AFTER finally finding each other, we got some food at a bbq place that was overpriced and not very good. The guy that was working there was kinda creepy. Oh well. We decided to just walk around and go back to my apartment. We just decided to catch up and hang out and watch movies. It was so comfortable We walked around and checked stuff out and got some pizza from “Pizza School” and hung out til he had to go home for dinner with his family. He’ll be out of the army in July, so I’m looking forward to that.

I also, for the first time, went to this shopping center “Home Best”. I went with Sarah. On the way there, we were just walking and all of a sudden, a guy falls into the back of us…like his head was at our feet. I guess when he tripped, his foot or leg hit Sarah, cuz she had a red mark/scratch on the back of her leg. He was dressed all in black and was running. (The fact that he was wearing black has nothing to do with it…just adds suspense/makes the story more interesting. He was also wearing a mask over his mouth, which is also really common here too…) I THINK he was planning to steal our purses or something cuz WHY would someone be SO close to you? It’s not like he didn’t see us. He was (or acted like he was) hurt after he got up, but followed us for a while. I don’t know exactly what happened or why he was so close…weird. Guess he would be a good candidate for “World’s Worst Criminals.” ANYWAYS…It was a beautiful day so we ended it by sitting outside by the river that is really close to our apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment