Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weird/Different situations/ things I have noticed...

SO…I have been here 2 weeks now, and have experienced a few interesting things. I would now like to share. The thing I will have to get used to most is bathroom activities. First, here, because the plumbing is so bad…you don’t flush your toilet paper…you throw it away in a garbage can (specifically for that use, of course). Second, some places don’t have toilet paper in the stalls. You have to take the amount you think you will need from a tp dispenser outside of the stalls. You best hope you don’t need more than you think. There is also a soap pole or rod or something, I dunno what it’s called…but it’s a metal thing sticking out of the wall that has soap on the end of it that you just grab to get soap. Like a bar of soap that covers a pole. Weird..I’m not a fan..I’d rather use a soap dispenser. Sometimes there are really intense buttons next to the toilet seat for heating, or cleaning the rest of that region, along with some other buttons I’m not sure of what they do..haha. Lastly, with the bathroom stuff…today I was informed that there is a “courtesy button” in some of the bathrooms, that you can press in case you need more time and don’t want people to know that you are doin number 2. Apparently it sounds really fake anyways, so it doesn’t even serve a purpose, but..i think that’s awesome.

Korean people for the most part are pretty helpful. If you don’t know how to do something or seem lost or something..they generally try to help you out. This is usually true with directions, help at a restaurant figuring out the menu that has no English on it, stuff like that. On the other side, there are a few things that are a little hard to get used to, so far. I have had so many people, boys, girls, old people, kids, doesn’t matter…STARING at me/us. At the festival the other night, 3 guys came over to us and asked if they could take a picture with us. I’m pretty sure this was because they couldn’t sneak a shot of all of us from a distance, which we caught them trying to do earlier. That has happened on a few other occasions as well. Today, me and my friend Sarah were walking in a market and were called out by someone saying “HI! HI!, where you from??” Everyone then turns to look at us…awesome. Then a guy turns his video camera on us as we were kind of answering the guy so we could get away..we could be on the news, who knows. I’m kinda interested to see what happens next, but at the same time….

No comments:

Post a Comment